Our Brands Commitment
The Commitment of Athens & Company LLC (“the Company”) to it's consumers is to ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable, that its operations will be carried out with a commitment to protecting and enhancing the natural environment we all share. It is also expected that contractors and suppliers will be in alignment with this commitment and are required to adopt environmental standards fully consistent with those of the Company along with the expectation to achieve comparable levels of performance.
These are the fundamental principles of the Company’s business. Our aim is to establish them as a high priority in the corporate strategy and highlight the fact that concern and awareness for the environment is the responsibility of management.
The Company shall comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations, as well as endeavoring to achieve higher standards of environmental performance where they are practicable and appropriate.
The Company’s employees have a legal and moral obligation to carry out their duties with concern for the environment and thus adherence to the aims and objectives of this Policy is essential.
All brands working on behalf of the Company are required to adopt our environmental standards and be fully consistent with all aspects. We also expect them to achieve and maintain comparable levels of environmental responsibility. In the event of an environmental accident or incident at work, it is a Company requirement that the details be promptly and properly reported to the owner, who will investigate before taking prompt action to make good and avoid recurrence. In accordance with its stated policy, the Company has produced the following list of objectives as a sound framework for the introduction of practices to implement the Environmental Policy:
- Compliance with Government Legislation and Local Government Regulations
- Swift response to accidents or incidents that have a potential to threaten the environment.
- The provision of advice on the safe handling of company products, their transportation and their final reuse/recycle/disposal to customers, contractors, etc.
- The disposal of any waste products in ways that show concern for the environment.
- To use only registered carriers to dispose of waste, and to recycle wherever possible.
- To encourage the development of products, processes, and equipment with concern for the future of the environment
- To communicate freely on environmental matters with government officials, employees, customers, and members of the public
- To provide training for all employees as appropriate to enable them to carry out their job functions in a manner that shows care for the environment.
- To carry out environmental audits when required To promote environmental principles by sharing experience with regulatory bodies, other companies, employees, and members of the public In implementing this formal Environmental Policy Statement, the Company will focus on action to conserve resources and energy to minimize emission to air, water, and land and to increase recycling rates.
- The Company will also seek to influence legislative developments and improve public understanding of environmental matters concerning the business. We aspire to run all our future operations on a cradle-to-cradle basis, where all that we create has been designed to eradicate waste, maximize useful life and provide recovery solutions to reuse.